Last year, I made the pumpkin pie with mainly pumpkin puree and silken tofu, this year I was excited to try a different variation that I found online, which was made with coconut milk. 

I dont think using soy is a bad thing, it was simply curiosity that made me try a different recipe. I used the same crust as I did in the Katy Perry Pie (see it here), but I added a little bit of sugar to the crust dough. 

For the usual pumpkin spices I used a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
What can I say? The cake is simply delicious! Its sweet and it makes you not even realize that its vegan.
Here I'm going to share my vegan thanksgiving pumpkin pie recipe.

Here are the ingredients for one pie:
Crust:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I substituted 4 Tbsp of flour for sugar)
1 cup vegan butter (e.g. Becel)
1/2 cup ice cold water
Filling:
1 3/4 cups (1 14 oz can) pumpkin
3/4 cups coconut milk (use fat not low-fat)
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used the brand rogers, their brown sugar is made with molasses)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 tsp allspice
1/3 tsp ginger
Instructions:
For the crust mix the flour, sugar if substitute with the butter in a big bowl, and slowly add ice cold water (sometimes I need more, sometimes less, depending on the butter I use). When the dough is sticky enough, form a ball and place it in a tupperware in the fridge for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350° F (180°C). 
Roll out the dough until its big enough to cover your pie plate (9 inch). Carefully lift the rolled-out dough into the pie plate and shape the crust, maybe create a decorative frame with a fork.
Combine all ingredients for the filling in a high speed blender (if you don't have one mix them in a big bowl well). Pour the filling into the pie plate and bake for one hour. When you remove it, the pumpkin filling might not be completely hard, let it cool down and if possible let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Preparing the pie on the day before and letting it sit in the fridge over night will intensify the spices and flavors.