September 21, 2016

Why I Write Everything Down

“When you write down your ideas you automatically focus your full attention on them. Few if any of us can write one thought and think another at the same time. Thus a pencil and paper make excellent concentration tools.”

Michael Leboeuf is totally right with that. In my experience, I always felt better after writing down whatever thoughts came to my mind. It seems like I could clean up my mind. Sometimes we overthink things and once we write them down, we can let go. Finally we have space in our head to focus on the important things now, how to reach our own goals. 

Today I would say, writing down my thoughts is one of the most powerful habits I have established in my life in the past few years. I still remember getting my first journal when I was eight years old. It had a dark red mystic cover and it said: "Book for witches". My mom gave it to me when I started getting into the Harry Potter saga, maybe because I played witches and wizards. 

Somehow I continued writing down my thoughts, worries and wishes when I was in high school. I learned how powerful and motivating this tool was. I had so many crazy ideas in my mind and I could save them by writing them down. I guess everyone has these days where your memory is just like a leaking bucket. 
Memorable situations and events were collected in this little book. Once I reviewed what I wrote down, I could easily recreate what happened. This recreation is directed by a number of things such our believes, our emotional state of mind and our self-image. And these things helped me a lot working on my personality. 

Also some ideas can pop up at the most awkward situations. They won't stay long, so I can highly recommend writing them down in a little notebook or even just the notes app in your phone. 

Having written goals is as powerful as a vision board. Its basically the same. A written goal brings clarity and focus. It also gives you a direction. A written goal is a powerful reminder of what you need to do to achieve your goal, to keep yourself on track and may even help you when you find yourself considering about a hasty decision. 
Call me a witch but every single goal that I wrote down came true so far. 

You can't hold that many thoughts in your head at once. If you have a problem, it can help to write everything down, not only facts but also feelings. This can help you a lot: You will have a better overview about what is best to do now. You will start thinking in the moment. 

And the most important thing is that by writing your thoughts down, you will get to know you, your life, your believes and your wishes. Maybe you have an image of your life going pretty well and then you realize that you complained about everything in too many entries. It can help you focus on being more positive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment